The Center for Healthy Communities HealthLink and AHEC Region IV present an annual series of continuing education seminars for health care professionals and interested community members. Seminars address current topics in health promotion and disease prevention, with special focus given to the underserved areas or populations in our community. HealthLink Seminars are held quarterly at Madison Lakes Learning and Conference Center in Montgomery County. In addition to an educational presentation, each seminar features local resources related to the topic under discussion.
September 27, 2016: Infant Mortality in Ohio: The Work Continues
- Did you know that about three babies under 1 year of age die each day in Ohio?
- Why has the Ohio infant mortality rate stayed the same for over a decade?
- What can we do to lower the infant mortality rate in Ohio?
This seminar will provide professionals with information related to infant mortality that they can use to assist clients and their families. In addition, participants will learn about locally available resources related to reducing infant mortality.
- Sara Paton, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Department of Population and Public Health Sciences, Boonshoft School of Medicine, Wright State University; Epidemiologist, Public Health-Dayton & Montgomery County
- Gina McFarlane‐ El, CEO, Five Rivers Health Centers and Project Director, Five Rivers Healthy Start
- Cheryl Scroggins, Coordinator, Dayton Council on Health Equity, Public Health-Dayton & Montgomery County
- David S. McKenna, MD, Medical Director, Perinatal Intensive Care Unit, Maternal‐Fetal Medicine, Miami Valley Hospital
- Social Workers: 3.25 contact hours have been approved by the Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board.
- Nurses: The Ohio Board of Nursing accepts Social Worker/Counselor hours for R.N. licensure renewal.
Time & Place
Sept. 27, 8:30 a.m.–12:15 p.m.
Madison Lakes Learning and Conference Center
581 Olive Road Dayton, Ohio 45427
Sign-in, refreshments and resource tables open at 8 a.m. There is a $20 non-refundable registration fee. Registration opens Aug. 16 and closes Sept. 13, 2016.
Additional Seminars for 2016
- Dec. 9, 2016: Elder Care
Dates and topics are subject to change. Check back to this website for updates.
- Time: Seminars are typically a half-day in length, 8:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m. Registration and resource tables open at 8 a.m.
- Location: Some seminars are held at the Madison Lakes Learning and Conference Center, 581 Olive Road, Dayton, Ohio 45427
- Cost: There is generally a $20 non-refundable fee payable at the time of registration. The continuing education fee is included in the cost of attendance.
- Registration: Registrations are accepted on this web site on a first-come, first-served basis and open six weeks before the seminar.
For more information, contact Cindy Bradley, (937) 775-8248 or email@example.com.
Past HealthLink Seminars
Seminar flyers will be posted as soon as they are available. Click on a topic to view a PDF of the seminar flyer
CHC HealthLink and AHEC Region IV Planning Committee
The CHC HealthLink and AHEC Region IV Planning Committee membership includes social workers, nurses, counselors and public health professionals in Montgomery County who work together to develop an annual series of educational seminars that address current topics in health promotion and disease prevention, with special focus given to the underserved areas or populations in our community.
- Sharon Becker, Good Samaritan Health Ministries
- Kristin Belcher, HelpLink 211
- Amy Boyle, Jewish Federation of Greater Dayton
- Cindy Bradley, Center for Healthy Communities
- Theresa Busher, Social Security Public Affairs
- Kimberly Conner, Center for Healthy Communities
- Michelle Cox, Sinclair Community College Nursing
- Carla Lachecki, Center for Healthy Communities
- Paula Long, WSU Department of Social Work
- Marilyn McFadgen, Public Health Dayton & Montgomery County
- Sandra Speed, ADAMHS Board Montgomery County