The Center for Healthy Communities HealthLink and AHEC Region IV present an annual series of continuing education seminars for health care professionals and interested community members. Seminars address current topics in health promotion and disease prevention, with special focus given to the underserved areas or populations in our community. HealthLink Seminars are held quarterly at Madison Lakes Learning and Conference Center in Montgomery County. In addition to an educational presentation, each seminar features local resources related to the topic under discussion.
June 14, 2016: Protecting Our Community: Understanding Domestic Sex Trafficking
- What is sex trafficking?
- Why does it matter?
- How does sex trafficking impact our community?
This seminar will provide professionals with information related to sex trafficking in the Miami Valley. In addition, participants will learn about locally available resources related to sex trafficking and how to respond when a victim is identified. Professionals will use this information to assist clients and their families.
- Tonya Folks, M.P.A., Human Trafficking Liaison, Regional Agencies Narcotics & Gun Enforcement Task Force, Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office
- Detective Melanie Phelps‐Powers, Human Trafficking Detective, Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office
- Social Workers: 3.5 contact hours have been approved by the Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board.
- Nurses: The Ohio Board of Nursing accepts Social Worker/Counselor hours for R.N. licensure renewal.
Time & Place
Tuesday, June 14, 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
Madison Lakes Learning and Conference Center
581 Olive Road Dayton, Ohio 45427
Sign-in, refreshments and resource tables open at 8 a.m. There is a $20 non-refundable registration fee. Registration opens May 3 and closes June 1, 2016.
Additional Seminars for 2016
- Sept. 27, 2016: Infant Mortality in Ohio: The Work Continues
- Dec. 9, 2016: Elder Care
Dates and topics are subject to change. Check back to this website for updates.
- Time: Seminars are typically a half-day in length, 8:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m. Registration and resource tables open at 8 a.m.
- Location: Some seminars are held at the Madison Lakes Learning and Conference Center, 581 Olive Road, Dayton, Ohio 45427
- Cost: There is a $20 non-refundable fee payable at the time of registration. The continuing education fee is included in the cost of attendance.
- Registration: Registrations are accepted on this website on a first-come, first-served basis and open six weeks before the seminar.
For more information, contact Cindy Bradley, (937) 775-8248 or email@example.com.
Past HealthLink Seminars
Seminar flyers will be posted as soon as they are available. Click on a topic to view a PDF of the seminar flyer
CHC HealthLink and AHEC Region IV Planning Committee
The CHC HealthLink and AHEC Region IV Planning Committee membership includes social workers, nurses, counselors and public health professionals in Montgomery County who work together to develop an annual series of educational seminars that address current topics in health promotion and disease prevention, with special focus given to the underserved areas or populations in our community.
- Sharon Becker, Good Samaritan Health Ministries
- Kristin Belcher, HelpLink 211
- Amy Boyle, Jewish Federation of Greater Dayton
- Cindy Bradley, Center for Healthy Communities
- Theresa Busher, Social Security Public Affairs
- Kimberly Conner, Center for Healthy Communities
- Michelle Cox, Sinclair Community College Nursing
- Carla Lachecki, Center for Healthy Communities
- Paula Long, WSU Department of Social Work
- Marilyn McFadgen, Public Health Dayton & Montgomery County
- Sandra Speed, ADAMHS Board Montgomery County