Academic/Faculty Development Fellowship
The content of the one-year Academic/Faculty Development Fellowship is determined by the specific objectives of the individual candidate. Content elements in the past have included the following:
- Curriculum Design
- Goals and Objectives
- Didactic and bedside teaching skills
- Technology in education
- Scope of faculty development
- Organizing a framework for faculty development
- Evaluation and rewards for faculty development
Grantsmanship and Research
- Structure of academics in medical education
- Understanding roles of organizations and groups in academics
- Power and politics
- Influencing the academic structure
There are many other areas that can be explored in the world of academics, especially as it applies to Emergency Medicine. The fellowship also includes clinical and teaching responsibilities. These total no more than 50 percent of the required time. Salary is well above that of the current R-IV in Emergency Medicine. The fellowship is offered on an every other year basis.
Visit the Kettering Health Network Sports Medicine Fellowships & Internships website to learn more.