View information for:
The web links below are for WSU employed faculty. Faculty will need a Wright 1 Card to access the university libraries and a WSU computer account/e-mail.
Institutional fully affiliated faculty are professional staff employed by affiliated institutions and whose duties are primarily academic and in support of the education of School of Medicine students and trainees. Institutional appointments terminate when employment at the affiliated institution ends. The Office of Faculty and Clinical Affairs provides authorization forms to obtain a Wright 1 Card that grants unlimited use of the libraries and discounts for on campus activities and products.
Medical residents/fellows in WSU sponsored and affiliated programs are resident/fellow instructors in the School of Medicine. Residents/fellows will need a Wright 1 Card to access the university libraries and recreation/fitness facilities. Benefits include:
The Office of Faculty and Clinical Affairs provides authorization forms to obtain a Wright 1 Card that grants unlimited use of the libraries and discounts for on campus activities and products. Tangible benefits for voluntary faculty include:
Benefits may vary among the departments. Faculty emeriti should check with their individual departments for current information. In addition to the benefits listed under "Voluntary Faculty," benefits available to SOM faculty emeriti include:
- Mail address and department mailbox
- Invited participation in public ceremonies: commencements, academic processions, convocations
- Invited attendance at faculty meetings
- Use of laboratory and equipment, computer service, and word processing services, as available
- Right to administer grants, contracts, and other research projects funded by governmental agencies, foundations, gifts, or by the institution itself
- Selective invitation to participate on departmental committees
- Selective invitation to serve in a variety of advisory or consultant capacities on campus
- Invitation to participate in appropriate campus seminars, colloquia, lectures, and other scholarly meetings as contributors, or as audience
Ever feel confused when trying to find information on a web site? Below are links to WSU web pages that may interest you.
Wright 1 Card
Some on-campus benefits require a Wright 1 Card. For faculty who not WSU employees, contact the Office of Faculty and Clinical Affairs, which pays for your first Wright 1 Card. Replacement card cost is the responsibility of the individual--$10 replacement fee for lost or stolen cards. Faculty need to take a photo ID when getting a Wright 1 card. The Wright 1 Card/Raider Center is located at 055 Student Union; hours are 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
All faculty who are Wright State University employees are assigned e-mail accounts at the time of their appointment. Institutional faculty and voluntary faculty may receive a campus account, which includes an e-mail account, by contacting the Office of Faculty and Clinical Affairs. Contact Computing and Telecommunication Services (CaTS) Help Desk for account help at (937) 775-4827. If you prefer to use another e-mail account, you can forward mail addressed to the Wright State address to your preferred address.
Fully affiliated faculty are placed on the SOM faculty listserve. Electronic mailings are limited to important messages of interest to a majority of our faculty; it is not a discussion list or a chatroom.