The Center for Healthy Communities HealthLink and AHEC Region IV present an annual series of continuing education seminars for health care professionals and interested community members. Seminars address current topics in health promotion and disease prevention, with special focus given to the underserved areas or populations in our community. HealthLink Seminars are held quarterly at Madison Lakes Learning and Conference Center in Montgomery County. In addition to an educational presentation, each seminar features local resources related to the topic under discussion.
March 28, 2017: Elder Care: Addressing the Community Needs for our Seniors
- How is elder care affecting our community?
- Who's helping our seniors?
- Making the connection for the "Silver Tsunami."
This seminar will provide professionals with information related to multi-agency care coordination collaborative and their responsibilities of care for senior populations. Professionals will use this information to assist clients and their families. In addition, participants will learn about locally available resources for the elderly.
- Lai Bryant-White, Supervisor Adult Protective Services, Montgomery County Job & Family Services
- Gary Weston, Senior Attorney, Legal Aid
- Diane Welborn, Ombudsman, The Ombudsman Office
- Social Workers, Counselors and Marriage and Family Therapists: 3.5 contact hours have been applied for through the Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board (Approval Pending).
- Nurses: The Ohio Board of Nursing accepts Social Worker/Counselor hours for RN licensure renewal.
Time & Place
Tuesday, March 28, 8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Madison Lakes Learning and Conference Center
581 Olive Road Dayton, Ohio 45427
Sign-in, refreshments and resource tables open at 8 a.m. There is a $20 non-refundable registration fee. Registration opens Feb. 14 and closes March 14, 2017.
About Our Seminars
Dates and topics are subject to change. Check back to this website for updates.
- Time: Seminars are typically a half-day in length, 8:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m. Registration and resource tables open at 8 a.m.
- Location: Some seminars are held at the Madison Lakes Learning and Conference Center, 581 Olive Road, Dayton, Ohio 45427
- Cost: There is generally a $20 non-refundable fee payable at the time of registration. The continuing education fee is included in the cost of attendance.
- Registration: Registrations are accepted on this web site on a first-come, first-served basis and open six weeks before the seminar.
For more information, contact Cindy Bradley, (937) 775-8248 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Past HealthLink Seminars
Seminar flyers will be posted as soon as they are available. Click on a topic to view a PDF of the seminar flyer:
CHC HealthLink and AHEC Region IV Planning Committee
The CHC HealthLink and AHEC Region IV Planning Committee membership includes social workers, nurses, counselors and public health professionals in Montgomery County who work together to develop an annual series of educational seminars that address current topics in health promotion and disease prevention, with special focus given to the underserved areas or populations in our community.
- Sharon Becker, Good Samaritan Health Ministries
- Kristin Belcher, HelpLink 211
- Amy Boyle, Jewish Federation of Greater Dayton
- Cindy Bradley, Center for Healthy Communities
- Theresa Busher, Social Security Public Affairs
- Kimberly Conner, Center for Healthy Communities
- Michelle Cox, Sinclair Community College Nursing
- Carla Lachecki, Center for Healthy Communities
- Paula Long, WSU Department of Social Work
- Marilyn McFadgen, Public Health Dayton & Montgomery County
- Sandra Speed, ADAMHS Board Montgomery County