The Center for Healthy Communities HealthLink and AHEC Region IV present an annual series of continuing education seminars for health care professionals and interested community members. Seminars address current topics in health promotion and disease prevention, with special focus given to the underserved areas or populations in our community. HealthLink Seminars are held quarterly at Madison Lakes Learning and Conference Center in Montgomery County. In addition to an educational presentation, each seminar features local resources related to the topic under discussion.
June 13, 2017: Elder Care: Mental Health Needs with Seniors
How are mental health concerns affecting our seniors?
Do medications help or harm our seniors?
What is it like to live with dementia: A simulation experience?
Jeffery Allen, Ph.D., ABPP, Associate Dean and Professor, School of Professional Psychology, Wright State University
Jane Eckels, LISW-S, CSW-G, Clinical Services Director, Alzheimer’s Association Miami Valley Chapter
Mary Jo Trout, PharmD, RPh, BCPS, Assistant Professor, Department of Geriatrics and Pharmacology & Toxicology, Wright State University
- Social Workers, Counselors and Marriage and Family Therapists:3.25 Contact hours have been applied for through the Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board. (Approval Pending)
- Nurses: The Ohio Board of Nursing accepts Social Worker/Counselor hours for RN licensure renewal.
Time & Place
June 13, 2017 8:30 a.m. - 12:20 p.m.
Madison Lakes Learning and Conference Center
581 Olive Road Dayton, Ohio 45427
Sign-in, refreshments and resource tables open at 8 a.m. There is a $20 non-refundable registration fee. Registration opens May 2 and closes June 1, 2017.
About Our Seminars
Dates and topics are subject to change. Check back to this website for updates.
- Time: Seminars are typically a half-day in length, 8:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m. Registration and resource tables open at 8 a.m.
- Location: Some seminars are held at the Madison Lakes Learning and Conference Center, 581 Olive Road, Dayton, Ohio 45427
- Cost: There is generally a $20 non-refundable fee payable at the time of registration. The continuing education fee is included in the cost of attendance.
- Registration: Registrations are accepted on this web site on a first-come, first-served basis and open six weeks before the seminar.
For more information, contact Cindy Bradley, (937) 775-8248 or email@example.com.
Past HealthLink Seminars
Seminar flyers will be posted as soon as they are available. Click on a topic to view a PDF of the seminar flyer:
CHC HealthLink and AHEC Region IV Planning Committee
The CHC HealthLink and AHEC Region IV Planning Committee membership includes social workers, nurses, counselors and public health professionals in Montgomery County who work together to develop an annual series of educational seminars that address current topics in health promotion and disease prevention, with special focus given to the underserved areas or populations in our community.
- Sharon Becker, Good Samaritan Health Ministries
- Kristin Belcher, HelpLink 211
- Amy Boyle, Jewish Federation of Greater Dayton
- Cindy Bradley, Center for Healthy Communities
- Theresa Busher, Social Security Public Affairs
- Kimberly Conner, Center for Healthy Communities
- Michelle Cox, Sinclair Community College Nursing
- Carla Lachecki, Center for Healthy Communities
- Paula Long, WSU Department of Social Work
- Marilyn McFadgen, Public Health Dayton & Montgomery County
- Sandra Speed, ADAMHS Board Montgomery County