Association of Women Surgeons
The Association of Women Surgeons is dedicated to the mission of inspiring and supporting women in all stages of medical training and to inspire, encourage, and enable female surgeons to achieve their personal and professional goals. To that end, the establishment of student chapters at medical schools both within the United States and abroad will facilitate the success of aspiring women surgeons by 1) highlighting practicing role models at local institutions and within the community, 2) providing networking and mentorship opportunities with surgeons and surgical residents, and 3) providing a forum for open discussion and collaboration on strategies related to professional development and the challenges woman surgeons face. Ultimately, this unique focus will provide opportunities in which personal and professional interests, concerns and common experiences can effectively be addressed.
Though our mission is to support women in medicine and women who wish to enter into a career in surgery, this group is open to all members of the Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine community. We will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, or disability.
The mission of the Association of Women Surgeons is to inspire, encourage and enable women surgeons to realize their professional and personal goals.
- To promote professional growth and development
- To enhance and facilitate interaction among women surgeons throughout the world
- To foster an environment supportive of personal values and individual diversity
- To advance the highest standards of competence and ethical behavior
- To view the list of officers: https://wright.campuslabs.com/engage/organization/asssociation-women-sur...
Joon Shim, M.D., M.P.H., FACS, firstname.lastname@example.org