Emergency Medicine Interest Group
The Emergency Medicine Interest Group (EMIG) at Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine allows medical students an inside look into one of the most competitive specialties in medicine.
Residencies in emergency medicine are increasingly sought after due to its inherent patient and case variety, fast pace and excellent compatibility with both family and personal life.
Meetings are held every month and include hands-on seminars in techniques such as suturing, wound closure, and airway management. Presentations are also made by noted attending physicians in emergency medicine, and cover important case studies and ways to improve the student's chances of earning an EM residency. EMIG students are also afforded opportunities to shadow in local Emergency Departments with current residents and attending physicians, participate in ride time with local EMS units, and even participate in regional SWAT Team training in a role-playing capacity.
- To view the list of officers: https://wright.campuslabs.com/engage/organization/emig
Class of 2017
Class of 2018
Class of 2019
Class of 2020
A selected set of links to various organizations and information about the specialty of emergency medicine
- Department of Emergency Medicine — at Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine
- AAEM — American Academy of Emergency Medicine
- ABEM — American Board of Emergency Medicine
- ACEP — American College of Emergency Physicians
- EMRA — Emergency Medicine Residents' Association
- SAEM — Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
View or Download Photos from Flickr.com
Fairborn Fire Department 2017
Skills Lab 2017
Fairborn Fire Department 2016
Suture Lab 2015
Suture Lab 2014
Airway Procedure Lab 2014
First Aid/Basic Life Support Class 2009
SIM Lab 2008
Emergency Department Shadowing Request
Please fill out the form below to get set up to shadow with one of the many awesome EM residents here at Wright State.