- Introduce students to the field of radiation oncology and to the radiation oncologist’s role in a cancer patient’s healthcare team.
- Ensure that students understand radiation oncology is an independent residency track and a distinct specialty, while appreciating the specialty’s synergy with radiology and oncology.
- Acquaint students with faculty and physicians in the area who are available for shadowing and/or research opportunities.
- Host a match panel of any upper-class students matching in radiation oncology to help students become familiar with what makes a competitive applicant.
- Organize joint events with other interest groups to further educate students about the breadth of cancer care.
Last edited on 08/15/2018.