The purpose of the Refugee Student Alliance (RSA) shall be to extend outreach to the local Dayton refugee community while also serving to expose university students to the challenges and hardships facing refugees and their families. This purpose shall be fulfilled via:
- recruitment and training of volunteers for the purposes of tutoring/mentoring composed of members of the general student bodies of both Wright State University and Boonshoft School of Medicine;
- collaboration with existing on-campus organizations as well as community organizations dedicated, in part, to the local refugee community; and
- informational general body meetings with guest speakers and/or documentary film viewings.
It is the hope of RSA to promote concern and awareness of the university and medical school student bodies towards the local Dayton refugee community and to advocate understanding and respect among all races, religions and cultures via community outreach.
- Tutoring through DPS/CSS during school year
- CSS Warehouse cleaning in the fall
- Pick-up soccer game in the fall/spring
- Welcome Dayton Healthcare, spring