When: Fourth Wednesday of the month, 4 p.m.
Where: 260 White Hall, Academic Affairs Conference Room, unless otherwise notified.
What: The Faculty Curriculum Committee shall have jurisdiction on all matters directly pertinent to the curriculum of the School of Medicine including, but not limited to, program objectives, process, implementation integration, coordination and evaluation.
Who: The Faculty Curriculum Committee shall be composed of:
- The Dean of Medicine, or alternate, and three designees
- Three department chairs elected by the Executive Committee, one of which should be chair of a basic science department
- Three members elected by the faculty, one of which should be from a basic science department
- Four medical students with one elected from each class
- Other members may be appointed by the associate dean for academic affairs as necessary to fulfill the mission of committee.
- The Dean of Medicine shall designate one member of the Faculty Curriculum Committee to become the chair of the committee.
- Elective positions to the Faculty Curriculum Committee shall have a term of three years, except that the student representatives shall have one-year terms. One-third of the elective faculty positions shall be filled annually.
- Appointed positions shall have a term of one year.
- Ad hoc correlative or special interest subcommittees shall be created by the Faculty Curriculum Committee as the need arises. The recommendations of these ad hoc subcommittees shall be directed to the Faculty Curriculum Committee for review and action.
- Proposals for major changes in curriculum policy and design as defined by the Faculty Curriculum Committee must be ratified by a majority of faculty members present at a faculty meeting.
FCC Listserv: Please use the FCC Listserv to communicate with ALL FCC members: email@example.com
|Member||Category||Term Ends June 30|
|Bruce Binder, M.D., Chair||Dean's Designee||
|Colleen Hayden||Academic Affairs without vote**||---|
|Cristina Redko, Ph.D.||Faculty-at-Large||2017|
|Michael Leffak, Ph.D.||Executive Committee||2018|
|Gary LeRoy, M.D.||Student Affairs||---|
|John Needles||MedIT - Academic Affairs without vote||
|Ruth Paterson||LCME Consultant (Academic and Student Affairs)||---|
|Dean Parmelee, M.D.||Dean's Alternate||---|
|Stacey Poznanski, D.O.||Chair, Biennium II||2017|
|Melissa Roelle, M.D.||Faculty-at-Large||2015|
|Robert Smith, M.D.||Dean's Designee||2017|
|Glen Solomon, M.D.||Executive Committee||2016|
|Courtney Sulentic, Ph.D.||Faculty-at-Large||2016|
|Mary Jo Trout, Pharm.D.||Chair, Biennium I||2016|
|Bette Sydelko, M.S.L.S.||WSU Libraries **||---|
|Therese Zink, M.D.||Executive Committee||2018|
Biennium 1, 1st year (*)
Anthony Robert Oddo
Biennium 1, 2nd year (*)
Biennium II, 3rd year (*)
Biennium II, 4th year (*)
|Nicholaus Christian||Student Representative
Dual Degree Students (*)
(*) Student Voting Policies
- At the beginning of each FCC meeting, the voting member from each class will be identified to the chair.
- *Each class receives a maximum of one vote per class. Dual Degree Reps receive one vote.
- If there are no representatives present from a particular class, there is no vote for that class (i.e. if there are three 2nd years and no 1st years, one of the 2nd years cannot vote for the absent 1st years.)
- (**) Not a voting member
The B1 Subcommittee meets on the third Monday of the month at noon to discuss educational issues related to years one and two, and is chaired by Mary Jo Trout, Pharm.D. The B1 website is accessible to B1 members only and is password protected.
Please contact Lynn Compton, (937) 775-2161 if you are a member but have forgotten the username and password.
The B1 Electives Subcommittee meets quarterly and is chaired by Dr. Katherine Cauley, Ph.D.
The B2 Subcommittee meets on the third Tuesday of the month at 8 a.m. to discuss educational issues related to years three and four and is chaired by Stacey Poznanski, D.O.
Please contact Lynn Compton, (937) 775-2161 if you are a member and need help accessing SharePoint for previous meeting agendas and minutes.
Class of 2018
- Matthew Brown
- Hershel Dobkin
- Andrew Steffensmeir
Class of 2017
- Ronak Dilip Ghiya
- Anthony Robert Oddo
Class of 2016
- Jen Hurtubise,
- Blake Szelestey
Class of 2015
- Brent Aebi
- Chloe Sidley
- Jeff Zabinski
Dual Degree Student Rep