- About Delta Omega
- About the Omega Chapter
- Eligibility, Selection Criteria, and Nominations
- Omega Chapter Officers
- Get Involved!
- Delta Omega E-Mail List
- Photo albums
Delta Omega is the honor society for graduate studies in public health. The society was founded in 1924 and currently includes 66 chapters throughout the United States and Puerto Rico. Membership in Delta Omega reflects the dedication of an individual to quality in the field of public health and to protecting and advancing the health of all people. To learn more, visit the national Delta Omega web site.
Wright State University's Gamma Alpha chapter was established in January 2010. Our first induction ceremony was held on May 19, 2010. We are very proud of our membership and will be seeking ways to further engage them in our chapter and the WSU community.
We are currently exploring ways to engage our membership, including networking events and community service activities. If you are a member of Delta Omega, and would like to get more involved, we would love to hear from you!
Each spring, Delta Omega inducts new members from three groups:
- WSU MPH graduate degree students who have completed at least 25 credits hours by the end of the fall semester
- Graduate student applicants must have a cumulative grade point average equal to, or greater than, 3.8 and demonstrated leadership in professional and community activities within the field of public health.
- WSU MPH alumni actively engaged in public health work
- Alumni must demonstrate leadership in professional and community activities within the field of public health that serves as a model for future graduates of the school. The selection committee generally focuses most on accomplishments and activities since graduation, so very recent graduates will not typically be competitive.
- WSU MPH full-time faculty. All candidates must demonstrate the potential to make significant contributions to the field of public health.
- Full-time faculty members are evaluated based on outstanding public health performance in teaching, research and community service and leadership within and outside of the WSU.
Contact chapter officers at:
Delta Omega Gamma Alpha Lectures
- Delta Omega Gamma Alpha lecturer, James Gross, M.P.H., Health Commissioner, Public Health — Dayton & Montgomery County, presented “Reflections of a Health Commissioner: The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly (but Mostly the Good),” on Nov. 13, 2014.
- Delta Omega Gamma Alpha lecturer, Marjorie Bowman, M.D., M.P.A., dean, Boonshoft School of Medicine, Wright State University, presented “Communities of Solutions — Primary Care and Public Health Perspectives,” at the Gamma Alpha induction ceremony on April 16, 2013.
- Delta Omega Gamma Alpha lecturer, Christy Porucznik, Ph.D., M.S.P.H., assistant professor, Public Health Program, University of Utah, presented “Prescription Opioid Adverse Events in Utah — Research into Practice and Back Again,” at the Wright State University Public Health Grand Rounds on Tuesday, May 8, 2012.
- View the event flyer (PDF).
- Delta Omega Gamma Alpha lecturer, John D. Bullock, M.D., M.P.H., M.Sc., presented “The Worldwide ReNu®-Related Fusarium Keratitis Epidemic of 2004-2006: What Would The Reverend Henry Whitehead and Doctor John Snow Have Done?” at the inaugural Public Health Grand Rounds at Wright State University on Friday, July 22, 2011.
- View a conference flyer (PDF).
The Gamma Alpha chapter is seeking motivated and energetic individuals to join the board, contribute ideas and assist on specific projects. If you are a member of Delta Omega and are interested in joining the Gamma Alpha chapter board, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
To facilitate information sharing among Gamma Alpha chapter members, we have established a Delta Omega e-mail list. To subscribe, please e-mail email@example.com.
Roopsi Narayan, M.P.H.
Jonathan Stofer, M.P.H.
Betty Cheney, M.P.H.
Meaghan Ebetino, M.D., M.P.H.
Naila Khalil, M.B.B.S., M.P.H., Ph.D.
Edward Syron, FACHE, Ph.D.
Katherine Cauley, Ph.D.
Gregory Attenweiler, M.P.H.
Colleen McCormick, M.D., M.P.H.
Daziah Merideth, M.P.H.
Karen Rupp, M.D., M.P.H.
Theodore Talley, M.B.A.
Jessica Hunt, M.P.T., M.P.H.
Shari Martin, M.P.H., L.S.W
Hibo Noor, M.P.H.
Cristina Redko, Ph.D.
William Spears, Ph.D.
Duane Stansbury, M.P.H., R.S.
Abby Burns, M.P.H.
Laura Previll, M.D., M.P.H.
Robert Sarlay, Jr., M.D., M.P.H.
Tim Soward, M.P.H.
Kim Caudill, B.S.N., M.P.H.
Dawn Ebron, M.P.H.
Melissa Howell, R.N., M.B.A., M.P.H.
Mary Beth Kaylor, B.S.N., M.S.N., Ph.D., M.P.H.
Linda Smith, B.S.E., M.P.H.
John McAlearney, Ph.D.
Marietta Orlowski, Ph.D.
Ken Dahms, J.D., M.A.
Sherry Adkins, M.D., M.P.H.
Billy Pruett, M.D., M.P.H.
Leah Sabato, M.P.H.,
Christina Arestides, R.N., M.P.H.
Erik Balster, M.P.H.
Robyn Fosnaugh, R.N., M.P.H.
Carole Huddleston, M.P.H.
Sabrina Neeley, Ph.D., M.P.H.
Julianne Nesbit, M.P.H.
Robert Perry, R.S., M.P.H.
Philip Van Atta, M.P.H.
Jennifer Wentzel, R.S., M.P.H.
Harry Khamis, Ph.D.
Sara Paton, Ph.D.
John Bullock, M.D., M.P.H., M.Sc.
Luke Rothermel, M.P.H.
Nicholas Squillace, M.P.H.
Karen Sue Barcelo, M.P.H.
Verla Lorraine Cheek, R.N., M.P.H.
Christopher Cook, R.S., M.P.H.
Connie Freese, R.S., M.P.H.
Boyd Hoddinott, M.D., M.P.H.
Jacquelyn Phillips, R.N., M.P.H.
Alan Pierce, M.P.H.
Lorena Royer, R.N., M.P.H.
Raymond Ten Eyck, M.D., M.P.H.
Jeffrey Webb, R.S., M.P.H.
James Ebert, M.D., M.B.A., M.P.H.
Christopher Eddy, M.P.H., R.S., R.E.H.S.
James Gross, M.P.H.
Karen Levin, M.P.H.
Janet Rickabaugh, Ph.D.
Visit Delta Omega's membership website to view the names of all Delta Omega members.
For more information, contact:
Delta Omega Honorary Society in Public Health
c/o Marietta Orlowski, Ph.D., CHES
Wright State University Center for Global Health
3123 Research Blvd., Suite 200
Kettering, OH 45420-4006