Salary for Civilian Residents (FY 2016-17)
- R1 (PGY-1) — $54,459.84
- R2 (PGY-2) — $55,944.96
- R3 (PGY-3) — $57,347.46
- R4 (PGY-4) — $58,748.94
Standard military compensation for rank and longevity.
- R1 – Two weeks
- R2 – Three weeks
- R3 – Three weeks
- R4 – Three weeks
- Expenses for national meetings may be paid for those residents presenting papers.
- First-year residents are allocated three days per contract year to attend continuing medical education meetings.
- Second-year residents receive five days per contract year to attend medical meetings.
- Third-year residents have seven days per contract year to attend medical meetings.
- Fourth-year residents have seven days per contract year to attend an approved comprehensive obstetrics and gynecology review course. Attendance is mandatory.
NOTE: Residents sponsored by the Air Force will be funded from TDY funds when available from the USAF Medical Center, Wright-Patterson.
While at Miami Valley Hospital, please note the following:
- Miami Valley Hospital is a smoke-free environment; smoking is not permitted in or outside the hospital confines.
- An annual history and physical examination must be completed, including appropriate lab work, drug screen and TB testing.
- Evidence of employability (social security number) must be provided.
- Residents should acquire state licensure upon eligibility. Military residents MUST obtain a license by the end of their second year.