Stipend for 2015-2016
- R1 (PGY-1) — $53,392.00
- R2 (PGY-2) — $54,848.00
- R3 (PGY-3) — $56,223.00
- R4 (PGY-4) — $57,597.00
- R5 (PGY-5) — $59,815.00
- R6 (PGY-6) — $62,031.00
- Health and dental insurance
- Life and long-term disability options
- Short-term disability incorporated into maternity/family/sick leave
- Annual vacation: 21 days
- Educational leave: 7 days
- Professional Development Fund
- Book allowance
- Relocation allowance
- Health club membership
- Gym facilities
- Personal loans of $1,000 at low interest
- First-year resident and clinical paper awards
- Malpractice insurance is provided by Miami Valley Hospital during residency
- Meals while on duty
- Free counseling service for residents and their families
Miami Valley Hospital is a smoke-free environment. Smoking is not permitted in the hospital confines except in a designated area for employees. No smoking is permitted anywhere on the 7th floor.
A complete history and physical examination by Miami Valley Hospital Employee Health is required before beginning work. Lab work, drug screen, and TB testing is included.
Hepatitis B immunization is required; immunization must be verified.
Tetanus, Rubella and Rubeola immunizations must be verified.
Social Security Number must be provided to show evidence of employability.