The Boonshoft School of Medicine recognized outstanding students and faculty at the 19th annual awards ceremony on Oct. 25, 2016.
The following medical students were recognized:
- Introduction to Clinical Medicine I Award – Christopher P. Woeste
- Introduction to Clinical Medicine II Award – Stephanie E. Welsh
- Patient, Physician, and Society Award – Kimberly N. Senko
- Human Structure Award – Brady K. Otten
- Molecular Basis of Medicine Award – Eleanor G. Greiner
- Cell and Tissue Organ Systems Award – Erica C. Seabold
- Principles of Disease Award – Kyle M. Rako
- Term I Award – Andrew M. Steffensmeier
- Term II Award – Kaitlyn F. Steffensmeier
- John C. Gillen Award for Family Medicine – Nathaniel D. Stewart
- The W. Scott Richardson Pursuit of Excellence Award – David R. Swanson
- Gregory J. Toussaint Award for Distinction in Pediatrics – Jameson Dennis
- John J. Halki Clerkship Award – Katherine N. Ochs and Marguerite E. Sullivan
- James B. Peoples Silver Scalpel Award – Laura Wolgamott
- Abraham Heller Psychiatry Clerkship Award – Adam S. Deardorff
- McGraw-Hill/Appleton and Lange Award – Kyle M. Rako and Erica C. Seabold
The Boonshoft School of Medicine Faculty Awards provide a unique opportunity to celebrate those who exhibit a strong commitment to teaching while serving as a role model to students, residents and colleagues. The annual Faculty Awards highlight the importance of teaching within the school as well as recognizing those who have excelled in this responsibility.
Teaching Excellence Awards
The Teaching Excellence Award winners, chosen by medical students, included the following:
- Kennon Miller, M.D.
- Paul G. Koles, M.D.
- Gregory Toussaint, M.D.
- John Donnelly, M.D.
Innovation in Medical Education Award
Roberto J. Colón, M.D.
Faculty Mentor Award
Christopher N. Wyatt, Ph.D. — Basic Science Faculty
Paul G. Koles, M.D. — Clinical Science Faculty
Excellence in Medical Education Award
Timothy G. Janz, M.D.
Faculty Development Award
James E. Olson, Ph.D.