Stipend for 2019-2020
- R1: $62,546
- R2: $64,272
- R3: $65,874
- R4: $67,454
- R5: $70,096
- R6: $72,675
- Health and dental insurance
- Life and long-term disability options
- Short-term disability incorporated into maternity/family/sick leave
- Annual vacation: 21 days
- Educational leave: 7 days
- Professional Development Fund ($1,000 per year)
- Book allowance
- Relocation allowance
- Health club membership
- Gym facilities at hospital for resident use
- First-year resident and clinical paper awards
- Malpractice insurance is provided by Miami Valley Hospital during residency
- Meals while on duty - $200 per month at Miami Valley Hospital and daily catered breakfast & lunch at Kettering Health in the physicians lounge
- Free counseling service for residents and their families
Miami Valley Hospital is a smoke-free environment. Smoking is not permitted in the hospital confines except in a designated area for employees. No smoking is permitted anywhere on the 7th floor.
A complete history and physical examination by Miami Valley Hospital Employee Health is required before beginning work. Lab work, drug screen, and TB testing is included.
Hepatitis B immunization is required; immunization must be verified.
Tetanus, Rubella and Rubeola immunizations must be verified.
Social Security Number must be provided to show evidence of employability.