Dayton Improves Healthcare Chapter of IHI Open School
Did you know that more than 98,000 Americans die every year from medical errors? The estimated economic burden from medical errors is over $17 billion! Dayton IHI Open School (DIHIOS), a chapter of the Institute For Healthcare Improvement, is a student-run, multidisciplinary organization that helps students learn about patient safety, quality improvement and how YOU can make a difference in healthcare. Through the IHI Open School, you can take free online courses to learn more about these important topics!
DIHIOS helps coordinate student-led research projects in quality improvement, providing students with resources, guidance and faculty support.
If you would like more information about any of our activities, how to get involved with DIHIOS, starting a quality improvement project or engaging in interprofessional education, please email Nick Christian at email@example.com or Karissa Chow at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To advance healthcare improvement and education in the next generation of health professionals in Dayton, Ohio.
The mission of the IHI Open School of Health Professions is to engage health professions students in learning about the principles, methods and tools of patient safety and quality improvement.
- Interprofessional Simulation Lab at the Cox Institute — provides an opportunity for medical, nursing and pharmacy students to work together in an interprofessional learning environment. The Sim Lab utilizes high-fidelity manikins in a focused, case-based format; students must work together to save the patient in the simulated emergency situations! (see photos at right)
- IHI Online Open School Curriculum — Here’s a short video about the IHI Open School
- Quality Improvement Project student presentations
- Institute for Healthcare Improvement conferences
- Student Quality Leadership Academy
- Cosponsor of the annual BSOM Leadership Conference
- Collaborative events with any of your favorite student groups, including STEPS Health Initiative
- DIHIOS is a place for you to express your personal interests, discuss and plan endeavors with your fellow classmates and use the structure of a BSOM student organization to improve our healthcare system the way that you want!
- President: Michael B. Holbrook, email@example.com
- Hannah Carson, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ryan Clark, email@example.com
- Wes Greene, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Julie McCormack, email@example.com
- Lauren Trout, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zach Weed, email@example.com