"I was so grateful for the assistance I received from Robert Pohlmeyer in Winston-Salem. Being able to stay over saved me money and travel time. Robert also gave me information about the residency, real estate and life in Winston-Salem."
— Mary Beth Rodes, Class of 2004
The Bed and Board Program provides you with a unique opportunity to interact with medical students and support your alma mater.
Do you remember...
- how stressful your fourth year of medical school was?
- the challenges of traveling to interview for residencies or for other educational purposes?
- how difficult it can be trying to get around in a strange city on a limited budget?
Could you provide a traveling medical student with...
- a place to spend the night?
- some good conversation, career advice, and a meal or two?
- information about your local area?
This year, medical students will be traveling across the country for residency interviews, away-electives, and educational conferences. By serving as a host, you can save students $150-$200 per day in hotel charges, car rentals, meals, and other related expenses.
To register, please contact Nicki Crellin in the Office of Advancement at email@example.com or (937) 245-7610. We will keep your contact information on file as an active Bed and Board Participant. If a student requests assistance in your local area, we will forward your contact information to them. The student will contact you directly to finalize the details. Thank you for considering participation in this program!
The Bed and Board Program is designed to provide you with travel assistance and the opportunity to network with medical alumni.
- an MSIV student traveling out of town for residency interviews?
- an MSIV student who matched in a new city and need assistance with finding housing or getting acquainted with a new area?
- seeking advice from alumni who have completed particular residency programs?
- attending a conference either on your own or in conjunction with a student organization?
- completing an away-elective in another city?
The Medical Alumni Association has over 175 registered alumni in over 35 states who are willing to help you. View a map of registered alumni located nation-wide.
To request assistance, please contact Nicki Crellin in the Office of Advancement at firstname.lastname@example.org or (937) 245-7610. Once an alumni host is identified, we will forward you their preferred contact information. Then, it is up to you to contact the alumnus to share the details of your travel plans and make arrangements.