Stipends for 2019-2020
- R-I - $54,309
- R-II - $55,661
- R-III - $56,867
Special Educational Events
Residents may receive educational leave to attend local, regional or national special courses that are consistent with career goals. The department will provide educational subsidy for a R-I of $250 per year, a R-II $750, and for a R-III an educational allowance of $1,000 plus one-half of registration fee for Ohio ACEP Board Review.
- R-I: Three days & $250
- R-II: Five days & $750
- R-III: Five days & $1,000
The department will provide financial support to a resident should they present at a regional, national, or international symposium.
Uniforms & Laundry
One-quarter length lab coat will be provided and laundered. Two scrub tops will be provided.
On-duty meals are provided in the cafeteria for house staff at Kettering Medical Center and Miami Valley Hospital.
- Insurance plans to cover medical managed health care, dental, and vision coverage are available with the typical pre-existing condition clause waived.
- Coverage is available for the medical residents and family members.
- Annual health screening procedures are provided.
- Short-term disability and long-term disability insurance policies are available.
- The latter is an individual, non-cancelable policy with guaranteed conversion upon completion of the residency.
- Pharmaceuticals are available with low co-pay.
- Health club membership is available with low co-pay.
- An employee assistance program offers free and confidential support for emotional, marital, family, financial, chemical dependency, and job stress problems.
Multiple policies for leave exist that are intended to maximize flexibility for the resident physician and his or her family. The leave policies are designed to accommodate specific needs, such as adoptive procedures, perinatal events, ill health, or death within the immediate family.
Three weeks of vacation will be provided for all years.
Reimbursement according to mileage.
In keeping with the organization's mission to "improve the quality of life of the people in the communities we serve", Kettering Health Network no longer hires new employees, or rehires former employees, who use tobacco or nicotine products in any form. The Tobacco-Free Campuses and Workplace policy does not allow for smoking during breaks, and requires that employees' clothes be free from odors connected with smoking.