- Health and Dental Insurance
- Life and Long-Term Disability Options
- Short Term Disability (maternity/family/sick leave)
- Annual Vacation (21 days)
- Educational Leave (5 days)
- Professional Development
- Chief Resident Development
- Moving Allowance
- Health Club Membership
- Gym Facilities
- Personal Loan of $1,000
- Malpractice Insurance is provided by Miami Valley Hospital during residency.
- Meals while on duty
2020-2021 Annual Salary for Civilian Residents
- Based on 80 hours per pay period (every two weeks)
- Salary is rounded to next number if 5 or above and rounded down if 4 or below (per compensation)
- Total Salary/26 (pay period)/80 (hours per pay period) = Hourly Rate
- Total Salary/12 (months) = Monthly Salary
- Research residents will be promoted to next level at the beginning of research but will remain at the same level when they return to the program.
- Miami Valley Hospital is a smoke-free environment. Smoking is not permitted in the hospital confines except in a designated area for employees. No smoking is permitted anywhere on the 7th floor.
- A complete history and physical examination by Miami Valley Hospital Employee Health is required before beginning work. Lab work, drug screen and TB testing is included.
- Hepatitis B immunization is required; immunization must be verified.
- Tetanus, Rubella and Rubeola immunizations must be verified.
- Social Security Number must be provided to show evidence of employability.
For more information, contact Miami Valley Hospital, Department of Medical Education, 1 Wyoming Street, Dayton, OH 45409; (937) 208-2855
Note: All civilian residents in the program are employed by Miami Valley Hospital; funding is provided by all hospitals in the program.