Frequently Asked Questions

If you can’t find the answer to your question here, please contact Nicki Crellin at or (937) 245-7628.

  • How can I become a voluntary faculty member at the Boonshoft School of Medicine?

    New faculty appointments are coordinated through the various departments here at the Boonshoft School of Medicine. If you are interested in applying for a faculty position, contact the appropriate department as listed on our web page.

  • How do I obtain a transcript?

    To request your transcript, download the Transcript Request Form (DOC) and follow the instructions.

  • I haven't been receiving any mail or updates from the School of Medicine. How can I start receiving mail?

    You may call us at (937) 245-7610, fax us at (937) 245-7949, or send us an email. Alternately, you can submit your Class Note online.

  • Can you help me get in touch with a fellow alumnus?

    For privacy reasons, Boonshoft School of Medicine will not give out addresses and phone numbers of alumni. However, if you are a School of Medicine alumnus looking for a fellow classmate, we will provide you with contact information, so long as you confirm your class year, home address and specialty. For more information, please contact Nicki Crellin at

    For all other requests, if you give us your contact information, we will pass it and a message along to the requested alumnus. Please be sure to send us your name, the name of the alumnus you are seeking and your preferred contact information. We will send you a confirmation message once we have contacted the alumnus. For more information, please contact Nicki Crellin at

  • How can I make a gift to the School of Medicine?

    You can send your check made payable to "WSU Foundation" to: Office of Advancement, Boonnshoft School of Medicine, 3640 Colonel Glenn Hwy., Dayton, OH 45435. Alternately, you can make your gift online via the University's secure server. Be sure to indicate how you would like to designate your gift, such as the SOM Excellence Fund, a particular scholarship, or a specific program/department.

  • How can I update my address or give you information for Class Notes?

    You may call us at (937) 245-7610, fax us at (937) 245-7949 or send us an email. Alternately, you can submit your Class Note online. All Class Notes will be available in our online searchable database.

  • I submitted a Class Note but it wasn't printed in Vital Signs. Why?

    Vital Signs runs on a limited publication schedule. In addition, we receive far more class notes than we can actually print in each issue. That's why we have the online database.

  • What if I have a question that isn't answered on this page?

    For any other questions, please don't hesitate to contact the SOM Office of Advancement by phone (937) 245-7610 or email. Our office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. (EST).

Last edited on 03/11/2016.