Applying for Residencies and Fellowships
Important Dates — 2020-21
January 14, 2020
San Francisco Ophthalmology Match 2020 results
|January 31, 2020||Deadline to withdraw|
February 26, 2020
NRMP (National Resident Match Program) Rank Order List Certification Deadline
March 16, 2020
Supplemental Offer and Acceptance Program (SOAP) week begins
March 20, 2020
MATCH DAY 2020
May 31, 2020
ERAS 2020 Season Ends
ERAS for 2021 opens - Applicants can register on MyERAS and begin working on their applicants. SF (San Francisco) Match - Applicants can register via sfmatch.org
Applicants for ERAS 2021 start applying to ACGME-accredited residency programs only. Applications Due before 9 am on September 15, 2020. Target Date for SF Match applicants to complete the requirements for application distribution. It is the applicant's responsibility to contact training programs for individual deadline dates.
September 15, 2020
Registration for NRMP for 2021 begins at 12pm (noon) ET.
October 1, 2020
MSPEs released to residency programs
Applicant Standard Registration Deadline ($50 additional fee for late registration)
Military match results are available
Links and Files
- ERAS Complete Timeline
- NRMP Complete Timeline Go to: Start Here — Residency Timeline
- SF Match Complete Timeline
- Strolling Through the Match
AAMC: Association of American Medical Colleges
ERAS: Electronic Residency Application Service — AAMC system for applying to most residency programs
NRMP: National Resident Matching Program — ERAS Applicants and Programs rank each other
SF Match: San Francisco Match — Application system for some residencies in Ophthalmology and Plastic Surgery
ERAS Fellowship Applications
In order for your transcript and MSPE to be uploaded to ERAS for fellowship applications, you must electronically request them. Please follow the instructions on the Medical Institution Document Upload Service page. The medical school does not charge for this service.
For contact information, please use:
Title: Student Account Associate
First Name: Cindy
Last Name: Bradley
Middle Name (Optional):
Institution: Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine
Department: Student Affairs/Admissions
Address Line 1: 3640 Colonel Glenn Highway
Address Line 2 (Optional): 190 White Hall
Postal Code: 45435
E-mail Address: email@example.com
Phone: (937) 775-4071
Frequently Asked Questions
What web browsers are supported by MyERAS?
- Latest Version of Chrome
- Latest Version of Firefox
- Internet Explorer 10 and 11
Note: ERAS does not enforce any browser restrictions, but ERAS does not support Safari. Mac users needing technical support should use Firefox or Chrome.
What is my AAMC ID number?
The MyERAS application will ask you for your AAMC ID number. This is the number assigned to you when you applied to medical school through AMCAS. If you do not know this number, please contact Student Affairs for it. If you do not use your existing number, you will be assigned a new number, which will cause tracking problems.
Can my Letter of Recommendation authors send their letters to the medical school?
Medical schools can no longer upload or access LORs. Please refer your author to the information on the ERAS LOR Cover sheet that you provided them.
What photo is supplied to ERAS?
Medical schools can no longer upload photos to ERAS. Applicants must upload their own photo. The school can see your photo after it is uploaded and will advise you if we think there is a problem. Please see the next question for specifications on photos used for ERAS. September 1 is the deadline to request your Convocation photo from us if you will not use a newer photo.
Are there any requirements for the photo?
The AAMC guidelines are:
Photos must not exceed 2.5 x 3.5 inches in size and the file size cannot exceed 100 KB. Save the image at a resolution of 150 dots per inch (dpi), with a .jpg extension if scanning photographs outside of ERAS and/or using a digital camera. Photo must be in color. It must show a full front view of the person's head and shoulders, with full face centered in the middle of the photograph. It must have a plain white or light colored background. Dark colored backgrounds do not display very well in the program's software.
I used ERAS in a past year and now need to apply for a new residency. What do I need to do?
You need to notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a new token. Details about the current process are available on this webpage.
Clerkships and electives provide both education and supervised experiences in a variety of medical specialties. For this to occur, you must attend all scheduled activities during each clerkship.
As a medical student at Boonshoft School of Medicine, you are part of a strong, supportive group of peers and mentors whose diversity of experience is matched only by their shared dedication to a common goal: helping every student become an exceptional physician. On this page, you will find links to information about the M.D. degree program, services and resources available to you through the medical school and university and life as a medical student.
- About Our Curriculum
- Clinical Teaching Hospitals
- Dual Degree Programs:
- Global Health Scholars Program
- Research Learning Community
- Residency Management Suite/New Innovations
- Service Learning
- Visiting Medical Student Electives
- Wright Rural Health Intiative
M.D. Student Information
- 2017 Orientation PowerPoint (Class 2021)
- Applying for Residency
- Career Advising
- Financial Aid
- Department of Medical Education
- Medical Student Insurance
- Office of Student Affairs & Admissions
- Student Policy Guide
- Accolades and Concerns Portal
- White Hall Equipment & Room Requests (MedOps)
- How to record Voice on iOS / iPhone (PDF)
Life as a Medical Student
Schedules & Forms
- Year 1 & 2 Course Schedules
- Student Initiated Electives Forms
- Advanced Doctoring Absence Request Form
- Doctoring Schedule April 2022 – March 2023 (PDF)
- Doctoring Schedule April 2023 - March 2024 (PDF)
- Advanced Doctoring Schedule April 2022 - May 2023 (PDF)
- Advanced Doctoring Schedule April 2023 - May 2024 (PDF)
Activities & Events
- Student Policy Guide
- Educational Objectives
- Student Research Resources
- Library Research Guide for Medical Students
- Library Fact Sheet (PDF)
- ACGME Accredited Programs
- Careers in Medicine from the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC)
- Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS)
- Fellowship & Residency Electronic Interactive Data Access (FREIDA)
- Military Match
- National Residency Matching Program (NMRP)
- San Francisco Match (SF Match)
- Urology Match