To provide future physicians with a deeper understanding and increased awareness of cultural diversity, sensitivity, and values to enhance treatment of individuals from various backgrounds in order to facilitate intercultural medical understanding and application in clinical practice.
- To bring in physicians who are well acquainted with or originally from a specific country to share relevant experiences
- To explain the standard of medicine in a respective country, to spread awareness of different methods of treatment and ethical dilemmas
- To integrate our student population as they learn to better understand and respect different points of view
- To benefit students who are interested in future Global Health and Medical Mission Trips
- To reduce cultural barriers hindering the doctor-patient relationship by expanding points of views, openness, understanding when treating patients in the United States and abroad
Events & Activities
- “Country of the Month” physician talks
- International Boonshoft Potluck
- International Boonshoft Talent Show
- Lunch discussions on culture and medicine current events
- Movie screenings
- Panel discussions on Nigeria, Mexico, Saudi Arabia and India
- Integrative Medicine talk
- Cultural-Ethics talk
Last edited on 06/17/2020.