To provide a forum wherein students at Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine can learn about a career as an orthopaedic surgeon, discuss topics relevant to the musculoskeletal system and connect with mentors to gain advice on pursuing a residency in orthopaedic surgery.
Goals & Activities
The group seeks to meet bimonthly. Proposed events include:
- Introduction meeting at the beginning of academic year to give recommendations to students from all years regarding activities that will be beneficial for obtaining a residency position;
- Routine, organized medical student shadowing and volunteering in the underserved orthopaedic clinic at Miami Valley Hospital;
- Bone Saw Workshop;
- Fracture Workshop;
- MVH Skills Lab Session;
- Research Learning Community/Medical Student Research Club co-meeting;
- Service Project;
- Match Panel.
- Co-Presidents: Hunter Spitz, firstname.lastname@example.org, and Chris McMellen, email@example.com
- Vice President: Mike Burton, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Treasurer: Alex Schmucker, email@example.com
- Secretary: Kyle Rako, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fourth-Year Representatives: Kokou Adompreh Fia, email@example.com; Herby Jeanty, firstname.lastname@example.org; Mike Williams, email@example.com; Jacob Vincent, firstname.lastname@example.org
Recommended Text for Interested Students
- Laith M. Jazrawi, Kenneth A. Egol, and Joseph D. Zuckerman. Orthopedic Residency & Fellowship: A Guide to Success. Thorofare, NJ: SLACK, 2010. Print.
Last edited on 08/14/2018.