Medical Academic Operations Group
Support for BSOM Faculty and Staff
- MedOPS is responsible for lab set-up, microscope assignment and repairs. Please report microscope problems in 118 White Hall, or call (937) 775-2986.
- In collaboration with the Anatomical Gift Program and the Anatomy faculty, we keep a specimen room stocked with human brains and half brains, spinal cords and other neurological specimens available for learning activities.
- We order and assemble learning materials for suture labs, emergency medicine exercises, microscope labs, and cadaver labs. A minimum of 3 weeks notice is needed to order supplies; please plan accordingly and provide a detailed list. Our services are available to programs outside the medical school and Wright State on a charge-back basis, but the event must be an academic function.
- Our staff has expertise in web application development, exam software, multimedia production, systems integration, and technology support for multiple platforms. We provide iPads for testing, and clickers for the audience response system used during testing. Our technology analysts and classroom technicians update videos, photos, and other content on Pilot.
- Room 249 White Hall is set up for faculty to capture lecture content for online use. To support the medical school curriculum, we can also provide a limited amount of on-site video shooting, editing and posting. 72 hours advance notice is required, along with an estimation of the time requirements.
Other classroom and event support
- We schedule room usage in White Hall and work out any potential conflicts with the course coordinators.
- Rooms may be reserved for meetings/events via our online form, or by emailing Medical Academic Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org at least 72 hours in advance (allow one week for large groups or complicated setups). Please provide the date and times of your event, any audio visual or other special room set-ups for the reservation, whether food is to be served in the room, and the name and phone number of an event contact person. View a list of White Hall rooms (PDF).
- We coordinate the maintenance and repair of rooms and furnishings in White Hall. Please let us know of any items needing attention; we will contact the WSU Physical Plant or the cleaning team as needed.
- We can best serve the needs of each course when the director provides a detailed list of supplies and the dates they are needed. We keep an inventory of medical supplies, models, microscopes, lab gear, and presentation materials for classroom needs.
- We have a large-format (up to tabloid) color printer, laminating and labeling equipment, and an array of paper stock. Print jobs of more than 1000 copies should be ordered through the WSU print consortium.
- We stock supplies for the white boards in the White Hall classrooms, and configure the rooms for team-based learning, small groups, interviews, panel discussions, and special events. Extra chairs and various rectangular tables are available on request.
Last edited on 09/11/2017.