Boonshoft School of Medicine Resources
- Research Policies: Wright State research projects are guided by policies that support and protect faculty researchers. Review the university's Research and Sponsored Programs Policy and Procedure site for more about university and federal research policies.
- Compliance Committees: Wright State University has standing compliance committees that review and approve projects involving research activities regulated by the government. To avoid delays in beginning your project, be aware of the committees' schedules to review requests.
- BSOM Research Committee: The Research Committee sets guidelines and provides peer review for SOM internal grant programs.
- Analytical Resources for Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Mixed Methods and Research Design: This page includes links to online tutorials and resources for analytical concepts and methods designed to help faculty know what these areas are, why they are important, what the basic issues are and where to go for help.
- Support for Faculty Mentors: Limited financial support is available to faculty who serve as research mentors for WSU medical students. Funds may be used to buy project supplies and support student travel to present research results at scientific conferences. See the Policy for Support of Faculty Mentors for Medical Student Research for application details.
- Research and Sponsored Programs (RSP): RSP should be the first stop when seeking external funding for research or scholarly activities. They offer a wide range of services including identifying funding sources, preparing proposals, monitoring compliance, grants administration, and more. Most importantly, they will generate the grant budget and route your application for necessary approvals.
- Grant Forward: Wright State's Office of Research and Sponsored Programs (RSP) uses Grant Forward. It can be reached by visiting the RSP Major Sponsor Sites web page.
- Wright State Libraries Research Guide for Medicine: Find articles, books, drug information, images and more using the University Libraries' Research Quick Start Guide for Medicine. This portal includes links to databases such as PubMed and the Cochran Library and electronic book sources such as AccessMedicine and ACP Medicine. For more information, contact clinical medicine librarian Joanna Anderson (937-775-3840; firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Computing and Telecommunication Services (CaTS): CaTS supports the computing needs of academic and administrative units within the university.
- Event Services: Event Services staff can help you plan an institute, conference or workshop. They also estimate the costs of arranging scholarly meetings for planning or grant budgets.
- Environmental Health and Safety (EHS): EHS trains personnel in laboratory safety and oversees compliance with specific legislated rules and regulations related to research.
- Statistical Consulting Center (SCC): SCC helps strengthen proposals by developing a strong statistical component appropriate for each project. They will help with research design, data analysis and interpretation of results.
- Qualtrics Web-based Survey Software: Licensed by Wright State to facilitate data collection for faculty research and to support teaching, Qualtrics is available for use by all Wright State faculty (current and emeritus), staff and students.
- Printing and Mailing Services: Printing Services offers copying, printing and mail support for the university community. If your research tools include printed materials such as surveys, this office can help with duplication and mailing. They will even estimate costs of producing and/or mailing printed materials for developing proposal budgets.
- University Writing Center: The Writing Center offers free writing assistance to faculty, staff and students. Services to faculty include individual consultation on writing projects of any kind and a Writer's Hotline (at 775-2158 weekdays until 4 p.m.) for questions about grammar, sentence structure and punctuation.
Last edited on 07/12/2022.