Procedure number: 510
Revised: July 2005
Subject: Residents and Fellows, Special Faculty
- Fully Affiliated Special Faculty (FASF): Appointees who are in training programs sponsored by Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine.
- Partially Affiliated Special Faculty (PASF): Appointees who are in training programs sponsored by teaching hospitals, organizations, or institutions affiliated with Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine.
Fully Affiliated Special Faculty are appointed as resident instructors or fellow instructors.
Partially Affiliated Special Faculty are appointed as clinical resident instructors.
Program coordinators enter the data for the new residents in the Residency Management Suite (RMS). The Office of Faculty and Clinical Affairs imports this data into the Boonshoft School of Medicine faculty database.
Graduation from Program
The Office of Faculty and Clinical Affairs is responsible for the printing of the certificates of training that the residents/fellows receive at graduation. The office contacts the program coordinators for the necessary information, orders the certificates, and sends the printed certificates to the coordinators.
- Immediate written notification is required if a resident leaves the training program.
- The memo should be addressed to the Office of Faculty and Clinical Affairs and should include:
- the resident/fellow's name
- the reason for leaving the program
- the effective date of resignation or termination
- the official name of the training program
- request for certificate of training, if appropriate
The Office of Faculty and Clinical Affairs will share the information with the DAGMEC office.
The Office of Faculty and Clinical Affairs assumes that each resident/fellow will progress annually in the training program. No status reports are expected from the programs, unless there has been a change in the originally planned academic program of the resident/fellow.
Updated March 28, 2006 (sho)