At Wright State Family Medicine we provide our residents with opportunities for professional growth while valuing their well-being and creating a supportive environment for learning.
Regular class meetings
- Our residents meet monthly (R2s) or every other month (R1s and R3s) as a class with our clinical psychologist and faculty wellness director, Dr. Stacy Flowers for wellness activities and opportunities to check in. Our R2's also participate in "Tending the Flame" curriculum.
- Each month with five Wednesdays we forgo our regularly scheduled afternoon didactics and participate in a fun group activity around the city. Past events include Top Golf, Laser Tag, Kayaking on the Little Miami River, and a Murder Mystery Party.
- Residents participate in regular wellness assessments to check in and identify areas our program can better support our resident's wellness.
Living in Dayton
- Dayton has a small town feel with big city amenities. We have an abundance of coffee shops, restaurants, biking trails/parks, and entertainment.
- Learn more about Living in Dayton
Our program really is the best of both worlds, large enough that we have a unique group of residents from all different backgrounds, but small enough that everyone knows one another, and we enjoy spending time together both inside and outside the hospital/clinic. Some of the activities our residents enjoy listed here:
- Annual Resident/Family Welcome Picnic
- Residency Halloween Party
- Annual Holiday Party and White Elephant Gift Exchange
- Saturday Skiing with the PD
- Our residents also enjoy time together trying new restaurants or enjoying old favorites, hanging out at bonfires, and exploring the many parks and trails Dayton has to offer.
- Located just a few steps away from our own family medicine work room, the Resident Lounge is not only stocked with snacks/drinks, but also a space for residents to hang out, relax and maybe enjoy a game of ping pong.
- Our residents also have access to the Miami Valley Hospital Physicians Lounge. They offer a hot meal for lunch including soup/salad bar and snacks for our residents to enjoy. Also, the perfect place to grab a cup of coffee or tea in the morning.
- Our residents have access to $200 meal stipend each month to utilize at Miami Valley Hospital locations, including access to Starbucks coffee and the cafeteria frozen yogurt bar!
- The Five Rivers clinic space houses a large, resident-only workspace where you can always find another resident to chat with. This space houses desks for each resident as well as access to desktop computers.
- Graduate Medical Education and Physician Recruitment offices regularly offer events for residents and their families to join. Recent events include tickets to Young's Jersey Dairy, Dayton Dragons Baseball Games and Clifton Mills Holiday Lights.