Delta Omega is the honor society for graduate studies in public health. The society was founded in 1924 and currently includes 66 chapters throughout the United States and Puerto Rico. Membership in Delta Omega reflects the dedication of an individual to quality in the field of public health and to protecting and advancing the health of all people. To learn more, visit the national Delta Omega web site.
Wright State University's Gamma Alpha chapter was established in January 2010. Our first induction ceremony was held on May 19, 2010. We are very proud of our membership and will be seeking ways to further engage them in our chapter and the WSU community.
We are currently exploring ways to engage our membership, including networking events and community service activities. If you are a member of Delta Omega, and would like to get more involved, we would love to hear from you!
Each spring, Delta Omega inducts new members from three groups:
- WSU MPH graduate degree students who have completed at least 25 credits hours by the end of the fall semester
- Graduate student applicants must have a cumulative grade point average equal to, or greater than, 3.8 and demonstrated leadership in professional and community activities within the field of public health.
- WSU MPH alumni actively engaged in public health work
- Alumni must demonstrate leadership in professional and community activities within the field of public health that serves as a model for future graduates of the school. The selection committee generally focuses most on accomplishments and activities since graduation, so very recent graduates will not typically be competitive.
- WSU MPH full-time faculty. All candidates must demonstrate the potential to make significant contributions to the field of public health.
- Full-time faculty members are evaluated based on outstanding public health performance in teaching, research and community service and leadership within and outside of the WSU.
Contact chapter officers at:
Public Health Careers 101
When: February 12, 2019, 5:00-6:30 p.m.
Where: Gandhi Auditorium, White Hall, Boonshoft School of Medicine
Contact Lori Metivier (937.775.1427 or firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
- Delta Omega 2018 Lecture: 56 countries later, global ideas for a healthy U.S. – A discussion with Richard Skolnik. View event flyer
- Career Opportunities in Global Health -- Speaker: Richard Skolnik, M.P.A., has spent 25 years working at the World Bank, retiring as the director for health and education for the South Asia region. View event flyer
Delta Omega Gamma Alpha 2017 Induction. View the event flyer.
Delta Omega Lecture: Why Greater Equality Makes Societies Stronger—A discussion with Richard Wilkinson
The Gamma Alpha Chapter of Delta Omega was honored to have Richard Wilkinson speak to our DO members, program faculty, students, graduates, and friends on Friday, September 23. 2016.
"Professor Wilkinson articulates the public health ills of our society through the lens of inequality with amazing clarity, precision and substance that propels us to reexamine the link between inequality and the health of a population."
--Shaun Hamilton, MPH ’13, Alpha Gamma DO Member, System Director of Community Health, Premier Health
"In the aftermath of the financial crisis, a resurgence of emphasis has been placed on economic inequality, beyond the public health domain. With that in mind, it was a tremendous honor and opportunity to hear Epidemiologist Richard Wilkinson discuss his four decades of research which demonstrate that more equal societies are healthier and happier."
--Elizabeth Evans Peterson, MPH Student
- Delta Omega Gamma Alpha lecturer, Jason Reece, associate director, Kirwan Institute, presented “Working Toward Health Equity: Race, Place, & History — Understanding How Today’s Landscape of Health Inequity Emerged,” on Nov. 19, 2015.
- Delta Omega Gamma Alpha lecturer, James Gross, M.P.H., Health Commissioner, Public Health — Dayton & Montgomery County, presented “Reflections of a Health Commissioner: The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly (but Mostly the Good),” on Nov. 13, 2014.
- Delta Omega Gamma Alpha lecturer, Marjorie Bowman, M.D., M.P.A., dean, Boonshoft School of Medicine, Wright State University, presented “Communities of Solutions — Primary Care and Public Health Perspectives,” at the Gamma Alpha induction ceremony on April 16, 2013.
- Delta Omega Gamma Alpha lecturer, Christy Porucznik, Ph.D., M.S.P.H., assistant professor, Public Health Program, University of Utah, presented “Prescription Opioid Adverse Events in Utah — Research into Practice and Back Again,” at the Wright State University Public Health Grand Rounds on Tuesday, May 8, 2012.
- View the event flyer (PDF).
- Delta Omega Gamma Alpha lecturer, John D. Bullock, M.D., M.P.H., M.Sc., presented “The Worldwide ReNu®-Related Fusarium Keratitis Epidemic of 2004-2006: What Would The Reverend Henry Whitehead and Doctor John Snow Have Done?” at the inaugural Public Health Grand Rounds at Wright State University on Friday, July 22, 2011.
- View a conference flyer (PDF).
The Gamma Alpha chapter is seeking motivated and energetic individuals to join the board, contribute ideas and assist on specific projects. If you are a member of Delta Omega and are interested in joining the Gamma Alpha chapter board, please email us at email@example.com for more information.
To facilitate information sharing among Gamma Alpha chapter members, we have established a Delta Omega e-mail list. To subscribe, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ruaa Al-juboori, M.P.H.
Madelyn Hill, M.P.H.
David Leary, D.O., M.P.H.
Kristin Snyder, M.P.H.
Matthew Pellerite, M.D., M.P.H.
Ashley Seybold, M.P.H.
Kiana Trabue, M.P.H.
Ramzi Nahhas, Ph.D.
Casey Gayheart, M.P.H.
Rachael Mainord, M.P.H.
Stephanie Welsh, M.P.H.
M. Matias Iberico, M.D., M.P.H.
Alexandra Lawson, M.D., M.P.H.
Emily Surico, M.P.H.
Jessica Saunders, M.P.A.
Bruce Barcelo, M.S.
Justin Kelley, M.D., M.P.H.
Richard Speakman, M.D., M.P.H.
Kyle Wallace, M.P.H.
Ahmed Mohamed Askar, M.P.H.
Brenda Bodenmiller, M.P.H., B.S.N., RN
Nicole Craker, M.D., M.P.H.
Kathleen Henschel, M.P.H.
Jeffrey Daniel Jenks, M.D., M.P.H.
Denisha Porter, M.P.H.
Trista Smith, M.Sc., M.P.H.
Michael Dohn, M.D., M.Sc.
Sharon J. Sherlock, D.H.A., M.S.A., B.S.N., RN
Tracy Bozung, M.D., M.P.H.
Erin Rebecca Krafka, M.P.H.
Fartun Yussuf, M.P.H.
Christopher Thomas Balster, M.P.H.
Leslie Edmunds, M.P.H.
Sylvia Ann Ellison, M.A., M.P.H.
Shaun Hamilton, M.P.H.
Matthew M. Tyler, M.P.H.
Mark Edward Gebhart, M.D.
Nikki L. Rogers, Ph.D.
Roopsi Narayan, M.P.H.
Dustin Ratliff, M.P.H.
Jonathan Stofer, M.D., M.P.H.
Seth VanZant, M.P.H.
Betty Cheney, M.D., M.P.H.
Meaghan Ebetino, M.D., M.P.H.
Naila Khalil, M.B.B.S., Ph.D., M.P.H.
Edward Syron, Ph.D., FACHE
Katherine Cauley, Ph.D.
Gregory Attenweiler, M.P.H.
Colleen McCormick, M.D., M.P.H.
Daziah Merideth, M.P.H.
Karen Rupp, M.D., M.P.H.
Theodore Talley, M.B.A., M.P.H.
Jessica Hunt, M.P.T., M.P.H.
Shari Martin, M.P.H., LSW
Hibo Noor, M.P.H.
Cristina Redko, Ph.D.
William Spears, Ph.D.
Duane Stansbury, M.P.H., RS
Abby Burns, M.P.H.
Laura Previll, M.D., M.P.H.
Robert Sarlay Jr., M.D., M.P.H.
Tim Soward, M.P.H.
Kim Caudill, M.P.H., B.S.N.
Dawn Ebron, M.P.H.
Melissa Branum, M.B.A., M.P.H., RN
Mary Beth Kaylor, Ph.D., M.P.H., M.S.N., B.S.N.
Linda Smith, M.P.H., B.S.E.
John McAlearney, Ph.D.
Marietta Orlowski, Ph.D.
Ken Dahms, J.D., M.A.
Sherry Adkins, M.D., M.P.H.
Billy Pruett, M.D., M.P.H.
Leah Sabato, M.P.H.
Christina Arestides, M.P.H., RN
Erik Balster, M.P.H.
Robyn Fosnaugh, M.P.H., RN
Carole Huddleston, M.P.H.
Sabrina Neeley, Ph.D., M.P.H.
Julianne Nesbit, M.P.H.
Robert Perry, M.P.H., RN
Philip Van Atta, M.P.H.
Jennifer Wentzel, M.P.H., RS
Harry Khamis, Ph.D.
Sara Paton, Ph.D.
John Bullock, M.D., M.P.H., M.Sc.
Luke Rothermel, M.D., M.P.H.
Nicholas Squillace, M.P.H.
Karen Sue Barcelo, M.P.H.
Verla Lorraine Cheek, M.P.H., RN
Christopher Cook, M.P.H., RS
Connie Freese, M.P.H., RS
Boyd Hoddinott, M.D., M.P.H.
Jacquelyn Phillips, M.P.H., RN
Alan Pierce, M.P.H.
Lorena Royer, M.P.H., RN
Raymond Ten Eyck, M.D., M.P.H.
Jeffrey Webb, M.P.H., RS
James Ebert, M.D., M.B.A., M.P.H.
Christopher Eddy, M.P.H., REHS/RS
James Gross, M.P.H.
Karen Levin, M.P.H.
Janet Rickabaugh, Ph.D.
For more information, contact:
Delta Omega Honorary Society in Public Health
c/o Marietta Orlowski, Ph.D., CHES
Wright State University Center for Global Health
3123 Research Blvd., Suite 200
Kettering, OH 45420-4006