M.P.H. program admission is available on a rolling basis throughout the year. The program only matriculates each fall. See the university’s academic calendar for semester start dates.
- Deadline dates:
- Scholarship considerations: February 1st
- First consideration: April 1st
Note: All documentation must be in by the above dates for first consideration. After April 1st, completed applications will be considered for admissions on a rolling basis until all seats are filled.
M.P.H. Program Requirements
The Admissions Committee takes into account many factors from the full application for admissions decisions. Other specific requirements include:
- GPA 2.7 or higher (3.0+ for first consideration)
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
M.P.H. Admissions Process
Applicants who are active students in the Wright State University Graduate School or medical students in the Boonshoft School of Medicine, as well as Wright State University faculty or staff with a master’s or terminal degree, should email the M.P.H. Program Coordinator before beginning the application process.
When applying, please note:
First apply through SOPHAS. After your SOPHAS application is complete and verified, you will receive an email from the Wright State University M.P.H. Program Coordinator with further instructions to complete the application process. Only Fall term is available to select in SOPHAS; applicants can select other terms to matriculate when completing the Wright State University Graduate School application.
Step 1: Apply to SOPHAS
Apply through SOPHAS for admission to the Wright State University M.P.H. Program. You will need to pay the SOPHAS application fee. [Required]
You will need the following to complete your SOPHAS application:
- A current resume/CV
- Statement of Purpose: Applicants should respond to the following questions without exceeding 1500 words.
- Why are you interested in pursuing a MPH degree and how will this prepare you for your career?
- How has your previous work and/or volunteer experiences led you to apply to the MPH?
- How have you promoted diversity, equity, and inclusion in your previous work or volunteer experience, or even in your personal life?
- Official transcripts for ALL higher education institutions attended. For international students, SOPHAS will only accept international transcripts evaluated by WES.
- Three letters of recommendation from professionals who can speak to your professional or academic experience
Step 2: Apply to Wright State University
After your SOPHAS application is completed, you will receive an email from the Wright State University M.P.H. Program Coordinator with instructions on how to complete the application process and pay the Wright State application fee. [Required]
You must send the following documents directly to Wright State for verification:
- Official transcripts for ALL higher education institutions attended.
- Mail transcripts to:
Wright State University
3640 Colonel Glenn Hwy.
Dayton, OH 45435
Electronic transcripts go to WSUGrad@wright.edu.
- International students will upload copies of transcripts until they are admitted, at which time official transcripts must be presented.
- Mail transcripts to:
- International applicants will be required to provide official TOEFL or IELTS scores (ETS code 1179).
Applicants recommended for admission may be interviewed prior to a final admissions determination.
M.P.H. Program Cost
Information on tuition and residency is available on the RaiderConnect webpage.
There are merit-based scholarship and fellowship opportunities for Wright State graduate students offered by the Wright State Graduate School. These are very competitive with other graduate programs at Wright State. Students meeting the first consideration criteria will be contacted about these opportunities only after all their documents have been submitted in SOPHAS.
For more information on student loans and funding opportunities, visit the RaiderConnect website.