BSOM Faculty Scholarship and Publications in Medical Education
MedEd Portal Publishing: MedEdPORTAL Publications promotes educational scholarship and collaboration by facilitating the open exchange of peer-reviewed health education teaching and assessment resources. MedEdPORTAL Publications is a free publication service provided by the Association of American Medical Colleges in partnership with the American Dental Education Association. MedEdPORTAL Publications maintains a rigorous peer review process based on standards used in the scholarly publishing community.
- Roman B, Anacker L, Parmelee D. Mood disorders team-based learning exercise. MedEdPORTAL Publications. 2015;11:10218. http://doi.org/10.15766/mep_2374-8265.10218
- Rando J, Bedard A, Ten Eyck R. Emergency department management of a multiple trauma patient with a left ventricular assist device. MedEdPORTAL Publications. 2014;10:9984. http://doi.org/10.15766/mep_2374-8265.9984
- Hamilton S, Neeley S, Roman B. The culture of gun violence: an active learning exercise. MedEdPORTAL Publications. 2014;10:9941. http://doi.org/10.15766/mep_2374-8265.9941
- Roman B, Neeley S, Parmelee D, Allison L. Middle years and elder years team-based learning exercise. MedEdPORTAL Publications. 2014;10:9886. http://doi.org/10.15766/mep_2374-8265.9886
- Nestor-Arjun B, Miano M. Orientation to emergency pediatric procedures. MedEdPORTAL Publications. 2014;10:9852. http://doi.org/10.15766/mep_2374-8265.9852
- Markus M, Sheffield C. Topics in geriatric medicine. MedEdPORTAL Publications. 2013;9:9580. http://doi.org/10.15766/mep_2374-8265.9580
- Hoelscher D, Ten Eyck R. Accidental hypothermia simulation. MedEdPORTAL Publications. 2013;9:9522. http://doi.org/10.15766/mep_2374-8265.9522
- Neeley S, Roman B, Parmelee D. Teenage pregnancy: team-based learning exercise. MedEdPORTAL Publications. 2013;9:9357. http://doi.org/10.15766/mep_2374-8265.9357
- Mack M, Springer B, Ten Eyck R. Medicine across the barricade. MedEdPORTAL Publications. 2013;9:9332. http://doi.org/10.15766/mep_2374-8265.9332
- Kraszpulska B, Christian C, Gainor R. Computer-based dissection manual (CBDM) – cranium. MedEdPORTAL Publications. 2013;9:9314. http://doi.org/10.15766/mep_2374-8265.9314
- Day H, Scott R, Fulmer V, et al. Women’s health issues in military veterans: standardized patient cases in motivational interviewing, a case materials guide. MedEdPORTAL Publications. 2013;9:9539. http://doi.org/10.15766/mep_2374-8265.9539
- Bienenfeld D. Geriatric psychiatry: substance abuse and aging. MedEdPORTAL Publications. 2012;8:9258. http://doi.org/10.15766/mep_2374-8265.9258
- Kraszpulska B, Ritterhoff K, Gainor R. Computer-based dissection manual (CBDM) of the thorax. MedEdPORTAL Publications. 2012;8:9194. http://doi.org/10.15766/mep_2374-8265.9194
- Reichert J, Parmelee D, Bognar S, Durgans K, Godoy M. A LION IN THE HOUSE module for health care education: pediatric end-of-life case studies. MedEdPORTAL Publications. 2012;8:8362. http://doi.org/10.15766/mep_2374-8265.8362
- Rubin A, Ten Eyck R. Gunshot wound simulation case. MedEdPORTAL Publications. 2012;8:9084. http://doi.org/10.15766/mep_2374-8265.9084
- Kraszpulska B, Ritterhoff K, Gainor R. Computer-based dissection manual (CBDM) of the upper extremity. MedEdPORTAL Publications. 2012;8:9065. http://doi.org/10.15766/mep_2374-8265.9065
- Onady G, Reo N, Prochaska L. pH and acid base. MedEdPORTAL Publications. 2011;7:8466. http://doi.org/10.15766/mep_2374-8265.8466
- Kim T, Ten Eyck R. Simulation case: spontaneous rupture of splenic artery aneurysm, an uncommon cause of abdominal pain and hypotension. MedEdPORTAL Publications. 2011;7:9030. http://doi.org/10.15766/mep_2374-8265.9030
- Ressetar H, Allen E, Walker E, Kraszpulska B, Billings H. Abdomen and pelvis interactive learning objects. MedEdPORTAL Publications. 2011;7:7866. http://doi.org/10.15766/mep_2374-8265.7866
- Goldenberg M, Hall M, Wilber J, Adamo G, Hamaoka D. Standardized patient case: Anne Mercer, postpartum depression. MedEdPORTAL Publications. 2011;7:9019. http://doi.org/10.15766/mep_2374-8265.9019
- Kohls G, Ten Eyck R. Head injury in an apple picker. MedEdPORTAL Publications. 2011;7:9013. http://doi.org/10.15766/mep_2374-8265.9013
- Goldenberg M, Hall M, Adamo G, Rawn L, Hamaoka D, Wilber J. Standardized patient case: Paul/Paula Byers, schizophrenia. MedEdPORTAL Publications. 2011;7:9007. http://doi.org/10.15766/mep_2374-8265.9007
- Miller D, Clark K, Whitecar P, Hawkins J. Office based coding 101: it's a no brainer. MedEdPORTAL Publications. 2011;7:8438. http://doi.org/10.15766/mep_2374-8265.8438
- Swedlund S. Mobility assistive equipment for gait disorders in the elderly. MedEdPORTAL Publications. 2011;7:8431. http://doi.org/10.15766/mep_2374-8265.8431
- Walker E, Allen E, Kraszpulska B, Billings H. Upper limbs interactive learning objects. MedEdPORTAL Publications. 2010;6:7879. http://doi.org/10.15766/mep_2374-8265.7879
- Ten Eyck R, Markus M, Janz T, Heitz C, Schloneger M, Ritucci N. A multiple-case simulation module to support a second-year medical student respiratory curriculum (out of print). MedEdPORTAL Publications. 2010;6:7947. http://doi.org/10.15766/mep_2374-8265.7947
BSOM Faculty Medical Education Grants (funded)
- Tchorz, K. (PI), Roman, B., White, M. (Co-PI's), Borges, N.J. (project manager). (2011). The George Washington Institute for Spirituality and Health (GWish)-Templeton. Project Title: GWish-Templeton Reflective Rounds Project. May 2011 ($25,000).
Medical Education Grants and Funding Sources
Medical Education Meetings
- Team-Based Learning™ Collaborative (TBLC)
- International Association of Medical Science Educators (IAMSE): The International Association of Medical Science Educators (IAMSE) was founded in 1997 based on the guiding principle that all who teach the sciences fundamental to medical practice should have access to the most current information and skills needed to excel as educators.
- Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC): Through its many programs and services, the AAMC strengthens the world's most advanced medical care by supporting the entire spectrum of education, research, and patient care activities conducted by our member institutions. The AAMC and our members are dedicated to the communities we serve and steadfast in our desire to earn and keep the public's trust for the role we play in improving the nation's health.
- The Generalists in Medical Education: Investigation and Innovation in Medical Education: Toward Best Practices -- We welcome basic scientists, clinicians, and other educators interested in medical education. We are educators who teach, conduct research, and provide support services in all areas of predoctoral, postdoctoral and continuing medical education. Specific areas of interest include curriculum and faculty development, testing and evaluation, and student services.
- Ottawa Conference: Assessment of Competence in Medicine and the Healthcare Professions were set up by Professor Ian Hart (Ottawa, Canada) and Professor Ronald Harden (Dundee, UK) in 1985. Held biennially, they provide a forum for medical and other healthcare professions educators to network and share ideas on all aspects of the assessment of competence in both clinical and non-clinical domains, throughout the continuum of education.
- Central Group on Educational Affairs (CGEA): The Central Group on Educational Affairs (CGEA) of the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) is a regional organization of thirty-seven (37) medical schools. The purpose of the CGEA is to encourage and facilitate communication among members and to provide a forum for discussion of medical education matters.
- Society of Directors of Research in Medical Education (SDRME): is a non-profit organization dedicated to enhancing the quality of education in medical schools. It is composed of directors of units with responsibility for educational research, evaluation, and program development. The Society promotes: (a) research in medical education, (b) collaboration among its members and with other organizations, (c) professional development for its members and (d) the development of research units in medical education. The Society is an advocate for education research and scholarship in medicine and seeks to influence national research policy.
Medical Education Journals
Resources and Tools for Scholarship
Last edited on 05/23/2017.