Offices of Medical Education & Student Affairs
The Medical Student Policy and Procedure Guide has been prepared and updated by the Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine Offices of Student Affairs and Admissions and Medical Education. Any revisions, edits, updates or alterations are prohibited without the permission of the associate dean of student affairs. Links are provided below to guide the reader to more detailed clarification of policies or procedures as they pertain to the Wright State University campus, affiliated clinical institutions or faculty responsibilities.
The Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine reserves the right to change these and other policies at any time. Final interpretation of these policies remains with the Boonshoft School of Medicine. Every effort is made to keep these policies updated online. All students will be notified via email of any updates or changes to the Medical Student Policy and Procedure Guide. It is the responsibility of the student to read, understand and adhere to all School policies and procedures.
As Wright State University students, medical students are subject to the rules and regulations governing all students on campus. These rules and regulations are detailed in the Wright State University Student Handbook.
To educate culturally diverse students to become excellent physicians by focusing on generalist training that is integrated, supported, and strengthened by specialists and researchers, all of whom value patient-focused care, community service, and research, and have passion for improving health in their communities.
To progress as a preeminent community-based medical school that advances new models of academic excellence and community health care.
- Audience Response Clicker System
- Examination Policy
- Inclement Weather Policy
- United States Medical Licensure Examination (USMLE)
Biennium II / Doctoring Policies
- Academics: Biennium II (Legacy)
- Biennium II / Doctoring Absence Policy
- Clerkship Patient Logger Policy
- Duty Hours Policy
- Supervision of Medical Students Policy
Student Success Policies
- Class Quartile
- Grading System (Legacy)
- Graduation Requirements
- Requirements for Satisfactory Performance and Advancement (Legacy)
- Student Success Policy
- Student Promotions Committee
Fair Treatment Policies
- Conflict of Interest Policy
- Diversity and Inclusion Policy
- Equality, Affirmative Action, and Harassment
- Fair Treatment of Students
- Religious Observances Policy
Student Health Policies
- Medical Student Health Requirements
- Occupational Exposure to Bloodborne Pathogens
- Substance Abuse Violations